What is Home Staging®?
Home Staging® is anything that helps
a homeowner makes their home more attractive and appealing to potential
Friendly Benefits of Home Staging®?
Some of the benefits of home staging include:
- Staged homes sell quicker
- Staged homes look great in marketing material, which could lead to
more potential buyers scheduling visits
- Staged homes received higher contract offers
- Staged homes have a major advantage in competing properties
FRIENDLY STEPS TO SHOW YOUR HOME
-Learn what you can do to prepare your home.
FRIENDLY CURB APPEAL
You only receive one chance to offer the first impression.
This is a FACT when selling a house!!!
- De-Clutter your home
- Provide a neutral air freshener
- Lawn should be well manicured and trees/shrubbery trimmed.
- Spruce up flower beds and remove any dead plants/shrubs.
- Keep driveways, walkways and porches free of leaves and debris.
- Buy a new doormat for potential buyers to wipe their feet.
- Make sure gutters are clean and are free of debris.
- Reduce the amount of furniture on your patio, deck and other outdoor
- Remove landscaping tools.
FRIENDLY PACKING TIPS
When selling your home, less is more without a doubt!
- Remove valuables and other personal items.
- Remove personal photographs to keep buyers focused on the house.
- Get rid of unwanted items before you move!
- Minimize the number of accessories throughout your home.
- Clean out closets/pantries, making sure the floors are clear so the
storage space appears roomier.
- Remove political and religious mementos.
- Items containing personal information should
be kept in a safe secure place.
Clean the ENTIRE house from top to bottom, including the attic, the
garage and the basement. Remove bugs, insects, and any cobwebs.
Clean the windows, lights and mirrors.
FRIENDLY TIPS FOR Parents of Children
- Make sure your bathrooms are spotless. Wipe off the counter and floor;
clean the sink, toilet, shower/bathtub, and mirrors.
- Make sure your kitchen is spotless. All appliances should be thoroughly
cleaned, inside and out. Remove notes and personal info stored on the
- Clean inside and around the fireplace. If you have a wood-burning
fireplace, dispose of ashes and partially-burned pieces of wood.
- Keep floors swept. Vacuum carpets to give them a new look.
- Make sure all toilets are flushed and potty training seats are out
- Wipe down walls, doors and door knobs regularly.
- Reduce the number of toys throughout the house.
FRIENDLY TIPS FOR Pet Owners
- Use neutralizing air fresheners.
- Open windows to air out the house.
- Vacuum the entire house.
- Consider having your pet stay with a loved one during
the selling process
- Store all pet products in secure container that is
out of sight.
- Be sure the home and the yard is free of waste.